Homes for All Veterans
Homes for all Veterans (HAV) is funded by a specific grant - SSVF (Supportive Services for Veteran Families) awarded to Rocky Mountain Human Services by the U.S. Department of Veteran Affairs (VA). The SSVF grant is founded on the principle that no Veteran should be forced to live on the streets and every Veteran has a right to safe, permanent housing. SSVF grantees are dedicated to ending Veteran homelessness by fostering a well-coordinated and efficient local community system that assures Veteran homelessness is rare, brief and non-recurring. To support these efforts HAV provides outreach, case management, and support accessing community and mainstream resources to more than 1,000 Veteran households each year who are experiencing literal homelessness or in danger of homelessness throughout the state of Colorado.
Support and Services
Services include assistance with:
- Homelessness prevention
- Housing referrals
- Short term case management for the Veteran and his/her household members
- Navigation of complex benefits systems
Referrals to access additional services to promote housing stability and alleviate chronic homelessness:
- Temporary shelter and permanent housing
- Medical/counseling services
- Emergency financial and food needs
- Mental health and substance abuse
- Employment services
- Legal and financial planning service
Eligibility criteria include the following:
- US Military Veterans of all branches who have served at least one day of Active Duty for purposes other than training
- Living in Colorado
- Not dishonorably discharged
- Income limits determined by family size and area of residence
- Verified homeless or at risk of becoming homeless
Please use the contact information below to learn about additional eligibility criteria that may be applicable.
For more information, call (855) VETS-HAV (838-7428) or email HAVreferrals@rmhumanservices.org.
*Please understand that this is not an entitlement program and it is not an emergency assistance program. Decisions on participation are based on a review of information about a household and whether that household meets the criteria that are outlined in the federal program regulations, and the availability of funds and staff needed for participation.
Veterans who may have not met program eligibility and/or have previously accepted our services and are no longer active, may contact us at any time for referrals and services that are available for you by calling us toll-free at 1-855-838-7428.