Supported Living Services
The Supported Living Services (SLS) Waiver enables adults with developmental disabilities (such as autism, Down syndrome, cerebral palsy and fragile X syndrome) to continue living with their family or independently in the community.
SLS provides a variety of individualized and flexible services and supports for adults, 18 and older, who either:
- Can live independently with limited supports, or
- If they need extensive supports, are getting that support from other sources, such as their family.
SLS (sometimes referred to as HCBS-SLS) is intended to supplement supports already available to the person receiving services. The individual receiving services is responsible for his or her living arrangements which can include living with family or in their own home or apartment.
Services and Supports
- Respite for family caregivers
- Personal care for the individual (eating, dressing, etc.)
- Homemaker (cleaning, laundry, etc.)
- Home accessibility adaptations*
- Vehicle modifications*
- Specialized medical equipment and supplies*
- Assistive technology*
- Dental and vision services
- Mentorship (advocacy assistance, finding resources, etc.)
- Day habilitation (community activities, skill development)
- Supported employment
- Supported community connections
- Pre-vocational services
- Non-medical transportation
- Behavioral and other professional services*
* Services or goods marked with asterisk (*) must be provided by a professional and not by a family caregiver.
Learn More or Apply
Contact our intake coordinators at (303) 636-5862.